My husband teases me about the way I am always wanting to plan fun things and have something to look forward to. I know I should probably live more in the moment, but having fun plans written on my calendar is one thing that really does make me happy.
I was thinking about this the other day and wondering if something was wrong with me or if I should try to change this. No. I finally decided that this looking forward to things is my way of showing that I have hope.
I hope for good things to come in my future, and I believe that they will. I think it's exciting to think about how things will turn out. That's definitely hope!
With the new year here I can't wait to get a calendar and write out all the good things I'm hoping will happen this year. Since I keep forgetting to buy one, let me spread some of that sunshine I'm feeling for some of the things I'm looking forward to in 2013:
- My baby boy will be born sometime at the end of February or beginning of March! If that isn't happy, I don't know what is!
- I will be able to quit my job and won't have to drive an hour to and from work every day! I know, having a job is definitely a blessing. But I'm ready for a change. I've never been somebody who wanted a career. I studied marriage and family in college after all, so I'm thinking being a fulltime mom and being in charge of the little company at my house is going to be grand....plus a much shorter commute. :)
- SUMMER! WARM WEATHER! I'm totally looking forward to that as temperatures have not been above freezing for a while now. Can't wait to use the pool that came with our new condo and possibly get a pass to a waterpark so I can spend time with one of my best friends and her new baby boy too.
- DISNEYLAND! Yes. I'm hoping and hoping for that. My family is planning to go in August, and my husband doesn't really understand the excitement (especially with a new baby), but I can't help it!
While I know the future will hold good and bad, I love looking forward to those fun times that I can try to plan for. I like the feelings of hope that this looking forward brings.
No comments:
Post a Comment