Monday, October 7, 2013

Our Love Story---How We Met

Danny and I can’t agree on the actual first time we met. I remember hearing my roommates talk about him, since they had played ultimate Frisbee with him and his roommates in the summer. I knew he was a good, nice guy because of the things they said, but they didn’t say all that much.

How I remember we first met:

During a BYU football game right at the beginning of the school year, I walked over to his apartment with one of my roommates (either Sarah or Randi) to check on the score, since a whole bunch of people were watching the game. I think he answered the door, or else someone else answered and briefly introduced us to everyone there. I didn't think much of it, except to put a face with the name I'd already heard from my roommates. But Danny was so distracted by the game that he doesn’t remember meeting me (anyone who knows him won't be surprised). I probably only remember because my roommates had told me about him before, and I already knew someone named Danny Davis lived in that apartment. (He lived with one of my roommate's brothers during the summer).

How Danny remembers we first met:

Danny's first memory of me is meeting me while waiting outside an office to be set apart for our new callings in our BYU ward. I remember Danny being really friendly and asking each person to spell his or her name so he could remember it better. I really liked how friendly he was. There were four or five of us waiting, and he tried to get to know each of us, where we were from, and how to spell our names. I really admired him for that. But this is all I wrote in my journal about this experience:

Sunday, September 20, 2009

I know I should write in here. But I have no motivation! Ahhh!

Okay, I have to. I feel very strongly that I need to.

Today I was set apart as a family home evening group leader. In the blessing I was given as I was set apart, I was told that my relationships with my roommates and family and others will be strengthened through this calling. I was also told that through my prayers, scripture study, and writing in my journal I will know how to do my calling and what things I should do.

Brother Harrison, the 1st counselor in the Bishopric, set me apart, along with a guy named Daniel Davis, who has red hair and who has paid me the most attention of any guy in my ward so far. I think he is nice, but I don’t know if I am interested.


 . . . There has been a lot of boy excitement in my apartment . . . And I only feel a little left out. At least Dan Davis talked with me today.

I don't know why I called him, "Dan Davis." That seems so weird to me now... And I think it's funny that I mentioned his red hair and that I wasn't so sure I was interested. Haha! Not really love at first sight, huh?

How it actually happened?:

It's funny, because both of these meeting stories might not even be the actual first time, because I found this entry in my journal as well:

Saturday, September 12, 2009
I went to a “Nerdfest” ward activity with Libbi and her cousin Sarah. We dressed up like nerds, ate pizza, and took nerdy quizzes. It wasn’t much fun, but I’m glad I went to support my ward and try to be involved. I did meet one new person, Danny from apartment 20. I think I’ve done well at steadily meeting a few new people.

I totally remember feeling lonely and sad that night. I really didn't have that much fun, but I think I remember Danny talking with me and my friends. I didn't even think much about it!

Guess the important thing is that we continued to get to know each other, no matter how we actually did first meet!

When I first met Danny he wore beanies a lot, and I didn't like it. I don't mind now. :)

Hello! Nice to meet you!
*Click the links below to catch up on the other sections of our love story you might have missed!

2 comments:

  1. I used to call my husband Joey... and he doesn't go by Joey anymore hahaha, that's just how I'd heard him referred to in the past by his friends that I knew!

    ReplyDelete