I've seen this done on other blogs and heard of others making a "30 things to do before turning 30" list. Well, it's my turn, I guess! I'm currently 25, so I've got less than 5 years to complete these goals. I have actually been thinking about this for a while, and this list was put together with a lot of contemplation. Many other ambitions did not make this list of 30 things. Some may not get done, and I'm sure other things will be accomplished that mean even more than anything I could think of right now. Life is funny like that; you never know what's coming next. But, for now, these are some things I'm thinking I'd like to do before the next 5 years are up:
1. Have two more children.
1. Have two more children.
2. Pay off ALL student loans. (It's supposed to take us 7 more years...let's see if we can do it in 5!)
3. Finish Personal Progress again as a leader. (I really love personal progress).
4. Visit Harry Potter World (either in Florida or California if they build one there in time).
5. Run a 5K. (Ugh. Not something I look forward to).
6. Meet someone famous.
7. Donate a good amount of money to a good cause.
8. Read the New Testament all the way through, in order. (I must have been distracted the year we read this in seminary...I don't remember finishing). I am on Mathew 12 right now!
9. Take a cooking class. Any kind will do.
10. Do the splits again. (Haven't been able to since I was 10 or something).
11. Play laser tag for the first time ever!
12. Learn to cook a turkey...because Thanksgiving dinner is my favorite food!
13. Catch up on scrapbooking or organizing all our photos somehow
14. Finish rag denim quilt and have a picnic on it.
15. Memorize a song on the piano.
16. Save an emergency income fund to survive 3 months without a job if needed.
17. Open a savings account for Preston. Something I have always meant to do, but never seem to get around to.
18. Take another dance class with Danny.
19. Go one month without TV
20. Go on a trip without kids (3 year anniversary trip...that happened faster than I thought it would!)
21. Hike the Y Done with Danny on 5/10/14 (never again!)
22. Have a girls getaway
23. Go to a session in every temple in Utah. Done: Bountiful, Salt Lake, Oquirrh Mountain, Provo 5/9/14 (done baptisms in Mt. Timpanogus and Jordan River and been to sealings in Draper...not sure if I will count those or not)
24. Go on a vacation to a place I have never been.
25. Re-Learn how to change a tire, change oil, and basic car maintenance
26. Visit Zion National Park (never been!)
27. Explore San Francisco with Danny
28. Make a door wreath or decoration for every holiday/season
29. Write a book
30. Do temple work for an ancestor/get into family history work
Extra accomplishments along the way:
1. Set apart as Beehive leader in Young Women 3/2/14. Such a huge blessing, big honor, lesson teacher, humbling experience, big example to me.
2. See my dad struggle after falling and learning how to get back up and heal and live again. 3/3/14. My testimony has grown. My respect and love for life has grown. My love for my dad and my family has grown. I know fasting and prayer is real and works and Heavenly Father hears and listens and loves us.
No comments:
Post a Comment