Wednesday, November 11, 2009
I just went outside to talk to Becca on the phone and DANNY ASKED ME OUT! Ah! Ah! I had to say no though! No! Because he asked me for Friday, and __________ (Okay, so here I kind of was rude to a guy who had already asked me out, because I wanted to go with Danny instead. But I won't repeat my rudeness here.)
Before we could ever go on an actual date, a lot happened. I guess that's pretty normal these days. We sat by each other at the fireside, we talked at the Provo Tabernacle and hung out watching Up with a group of people, we wrote "love notes" back and forth every Sunday night, we stayed up late walking around outside and talking, we chatted on Facebook, we went to devotional together, he made me lunch at his apartment after we walked home from campus together, I went to an accounting meeting with him, he drove me to class, and we even went grocery shopping together. He also invited me to his friend's birthday party where we watched the movie X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and he put his arm around me because his friends were encouraging him to do it. I think we even hugged and held hands before going on a first official date. BUT! He had asked me out, I just couldn't go that first time. Eventually we got there...
The amazing thing is that while I was staring at the sky I saw a shooting star! Shooting stars are pretty special to me. I've only seen two in my entire life that I remember, and the first was a huge answer to prayer. This second one made me stop and think that I'd better keep dating this guy and see where things went. Not that it was a sign, exactly, but it made me stop and really think that maybe this guy would be special. And I'm so glad it all worked out!
The date was kind of over at this point, but Danny realized he needed to pick something up at his house in Sandy for a presentation he was doing in an accounting class. I suggested that we just drive there right then! It was the best car ride ever. We talked about everything and anything and really got to know each other better. I got to see the house he grew up in, and it felt nice. I wanted to keep getting to know him. We were up until 2:17 when he finally got me home, but it was worth it.
The next day we decided to only date each other. He said something about how he wished he could take me on dates every weekend, and I hinted something like, "why not?" and bam! We were dating. I had bad garlic breath because of another guy who had made me garlic bread (I blame him entirely), but Danny still agreed to be my boyfriend. I only found out about the bad breath later. Ha! We decided we were officially a couple at 7:22 p.m. on November 22, 2009.
![]() |
| I was working for BYU catering during all the home football games, and I had to work earlier in the day before our first date. This was my uniform. |
![]() |
| A picture I took of myself before our first date. |



No comments:
Post a Comment